Moving to a new CMS or rebuilding for an upgrade is an exciting project. You’ll likely get lots of new features to help amplify the value of your content and it’s often an opportunity to reorganize. The complexity can be a lot more than just a simple export and import and each scenario and platform brings unique needs.
Migrations are complex and need to consider so much more than just the content itself. Having a migration strategy in place means all your bases are covered. Here are just a few considerations that have been part of Chromatic migration strategies.
- A comprehensive web redirect plan to ensure you maintain valuable search rankings.
- A plan for porting over user accounts and roles.
- Memory management to support processing needs.
- Metadata and media file strategies.
- Dependencies of all kinds.