Migrations can be intimidating but with Migrate modules now in core, it’s easier than ever to upgrade or migrate legacy applications to Drupal 8. Let's demystify the process by taking a closer look at how to get started from the ground level.
In this session we’ll cover:
- A brief overview of the Migrate APIs for importing content to Drupal 8, including Migrate Drupal's capabilities to move content from a Drupal source.
- Understanding your migration pathway.
- Getting your site ready for migrated content.
- Sample migration scripts and configuration files for migrating nodes and field mapping.
- Consideration of media entities, file attachments, and other dependencies.
- Using Migrate Drupal UI and Migrate Tools for managing migrations.
For those new to Drupal, this session will introduce the basic concepts and framework for setting up your Drupal 8 migration path successfully.
The slide deck for this presentation is now available.
Code samples for this presentation are on github.