Introduction to Drupal 8 Migrations
Migrations can be intimidating but with Migrate modules now in core, it’s easier than ever to upgrade or migrate legacy applications to Drupal 8. Let's demystify the process by taking a closer look at how to get started from the ground level.
In this session we’ll cover:
- A brief overview of the Migrate APIs for importing content to Drupal 8, including Migrate Drupal's capabilities to move content from a Drupal source.
- Understanding your migration pathway.
- Getting your site ready for migrated content.
- Sample migration scripts and configuration files for migrating nodes and field mapping.
- Consideration of media entities, file attachments, and other dependencies.
- Using Migrate Drupal UI and Migrate Tools for managing migrations.
For those new to Drupal, this session will introduce the basic concepts and framework for setting up your Drupal 8 migration path successfully.
The slide deck for this presentation is now available.
Code samples for this presentation are on github.