The culture of an organization is not created, it is curated. Just as art in a gallery is curated, culture requires a high and delicate touch to be maintained. There is more to company culture than beer on Fridays and a ping-pong table in the break room. Culture is the way we feel when we’re at work or with our co-workers. Culture is knowing how our boss or team members will respond in times of need. Negative culture is toxic to an organization and the old adage “one apple spoils the bunch” is true. A negative culture can have cascading impacts on your company, your clients and your day to day life.
Culture is not a one size fits all approach and all leaders need to spend time curating the culture they desire within their organizations. You will leave this session with an understanding of the following:
- What do we mean when we say the word culture?
- What does good culture look like?
- What does bad culture look like?
- What does it mean to curate the culture of your organization?
- How to curate your culture.