In an effort to remove the mystery around our hiring process, here's what you can generally expect:
- You apply, wahoo! Thank you for taking the time to do that.
- You should receive an autoresponder that your application has been received. (If you don't, you might want to email us at hr[at]chromatichq.com to make sure we got it.)
- We'll review your application, portfolio and video. We aim to do this within one week of receiving it.
- If your skillset, experience and other abilities align with the position and/or Chromatic, we will reach out for an initial meet + greet.
- For technical positions, we may ask for more specific code samples at this point.
- On the meet + greet you'll chat with a member of HR so you can both ask basic questions. This typically takes about 15 minutes.
- Next comes a second interview - we use Zoom and schedule an hour for interviews.
- For technical positions, the second interview is focused on the technical side of things. For other positions, we discuss best practices, methodologies, experience, etc.
- A third interview, including a Chromatic partner, takes place next. We can dive into any remaining questions both parties may have.
- In circumstances where we have several final candidates, a fourth interview may take place.
- At any point in this process, we (or you!) may realize we're not a great fit for each other. If that's the case, we'll try to let you know as soon as possible.
We understand how much time and effort it takes to submit a thorough application, and we truly appreciate it. If, at any time, you're left wondering what stage your application resides, please feel free to email hr[at]chromatichq.com.