Director of Projects
Chromatic in a Nutshell
Chromatic is a digital agency focused on web design, development, process, and training. We have over 10 years experience helping some of the web's biggest brands solve their content problems using Drupal and other open source technologies. Our team is completely distributed, and while we may be spread across the globe, our culture keeps us close together.
Chromatic is searching for an outgoing and motivated leader to take on the responsibility of ensuring the success of Chromatic’s projects and key client relationships. This role encompasses a unique blend of project and account management and will require the ability to determine and implement whatever needs to be done to ensure the satisfaction of our clients.
- Ensuring the success of Chromatic’s projects and key client relationships.
- Keeping track of project scope, budget and ensuring Chromatic is consistently delighting our clients.
- Estimating and managing project budgets, profitability, and team hours.
- Monitoring project progress and preparing summary reports for executive review.
- Control resource allocation amongst projects.
- Creating project proposals and Statements of Work.
- Identifying areas of improvement across Chromatic’s projects, processes, tools, etc.
- Providing staffing and architecture decisions across Chromatic’s projects.
- Attending client on-sites.
- Running project standups.
- Evangelizing the “Chromatic Way”, both internally and externally.
- Contributing to Chromatic’s organizational and business development strategy.
- Enthusiasm, personality, teamwork and a positive attitude count tremendously. Serious candidates will be sure to include an introductory video with their application.
What We Are Looking For
Experience in the following areas is required:
- Experience coordinating teams of technologists.
- Experience in managing multiple concurrent projects of varying lengths and sizes across clients.
- Experience managing client and customer relationships.
- Experience managing budgets of both time and dollars.
- Experience identifying and refining client needs not already included in a scope of work.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Strategic thinker that often anticipates problems before they occur.
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
- A technical background with experience providing high level guidance to team members.
- Experience working in, or knowledge of agile methodology.
What sets Chromatic apart from a typical job?
- Work from wherever you want, whenever you want - Our office is completely distributed, you may work from wherever is most effective for you. We encourage our team members to work when it is convenient for them, when they’ll do their best work.
- Reasonable Bookings - We book our team members with a max of 30-35 hours per week for project work. We believe more than that is asking too much. The other 5-10 hours is reserved for team meetings, community contribution, and professional/skill development.
- Vacation - Chromatic does not set rigid vacation limits. We encourage our people to take vacation when they want/need it. So long as it doesn’t interfere with existing contracts or compromise project deadlines, we’re all for it.
- Health Insurance - Chromatic provides competitive medical/dental/vision insurance.
- 401(k) - Chromatic provides employees a 401k plan along with a 3% employer contribution.
- Disability Insurance - Chromatic provides both short and long term disability insurance.
- Life Insurance - All employees are provided with a term life insurance policy.
- Hardware - Chromatic is primarily an Apple-based company, but we allow our team members to choose their own hardware and we ensure everyone has up-to-date equipment and software.
- Exciting Projects - Chromatic consistently participates in projects with exciting, high-profile brands and some of the most highly trafficked sites on the web; some of which include Martha Stewart, NBC / MSNBC, Shape, Parents, Casper, State Farm, Emeril Brands, Adobe.
- Conferences - Chromatic frequently sends team members to attend and speak at industry conferences, including Drupalcon.
- Company Retreat - Once a year, we gather the entire company to spend quality time together away from our desks.
- Spotify Subscription - Music is important to us; we provide for a Spotify subscription (or equivalent) for all of our employees.
- Drupalize.me Membership - Want to spend your extra hours improving your Drupal skills? We have a Drupalize.me membership at the ready.
- Workflow - We firmly believe in a strong, consistent deployment workflow. We insist on proper code reviews on all of our projects. This not only ensures our code quality but more so, makes us better developers.
- Team & Culture - We work and support each other as a team. We make an effort to get together numerous times per year and support each other personally and professionally at every opportunity.